View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
..... I look at the fabric on my shelf and I get overwhelmed...Help me, shop for me, shop with me...
Brat, You need a change of attitude. Firstly, Please please take care of yourself and don't rush into sewing again. Just your morale boosting postings here on QB are enough for any of us for now. Secondly, don't be overwhelmed looking at your fabric. ...be grateful! I see pics of others sewing rooms (which in some cases look like half a house stacked wall to wall with fabric)and I think to myself.."I don't really have so much after all!" :-) What I am trying to say is make a game of it...sort of like Mary Poppins. :-) Look at your stash with new eyes and think what you can do with it. You don't have to rush, either. That fabric won't spoil sitting on the shelf. I took an hour's break today (from the cat quilt) and worked on one of my ufo's begun 2 years ago. Used some pieces I found in stash that are working well for the outer border. Little by little I will find uses for all the bits and pieces friends have donated to me. Plus, looking at what I have makes me think I really don't 'need' to go to a fabric store for a while! :-) Lots of scrappy quilts in my future. Back to cat quilt tomorrow. Oh...and Emma, you are such an uplifting person. You are always posting encouraging words to everyone. I love this thread...even when one of us falls off the wagon!