View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:12 PM
SlightlyOffQuilter

Default Washing Before Gifting

We all know there are age old debates in the quilting world. Pre-wash fabrics or not ? Starch vs no starch? Steam vs no steam? The list is almost endless. This post is going to cover my stance on washing before gifting ! YES ! A loud resounding YES ! And this is why !

After laundering my recently finished "Missing The Point" quilt today, it came out of the dryer with EIGHT similar seams ! EIGHT ! I am VERY meticulous about checking my seams before freshly finished quilts are laundered. Even then there are occasions I may miss ONE. I have NEVER, EVER, missed EIGHT !

Now had I not washed this quilt before gifting it to its recipient, she would have had this happen when she first laundered it, and chances are would have thought SHE did something wrong when doing so. That is not fair to her to think she ruined her new gift, but also not fair of me to not have checked before gifting it !

So these are my words of wisdom to you. WASH BEFORE GIFTING ! I do LOVE how it looks post wash and fix now, HIGHLY snuggly and scrunchy !