Old 02-26-2014, 05:24 AM
citruscountyquilter

I am vegan and would never go back to being anything else. I changed three years ago for health reasons. Dr. Neil Barnard has a good website and articles. There was a learning curve to begin with but once you get started it is easy to adapt some recipes and you can also google vegan recipes. Many of the Gardein brand meat substitutes found in the frozen food section are vegan. More than once when I have had people for dinner they were surprised at the meal served because they thought we were vegetarian and are shocked when I tell them they have just eaten a vegan meal. You can also do weight watchers and be vegan too. Not all vegan food is low calorie. Oreo for the most part are vegan. A strict vegan would not count Oreo because they contain sugar and sugar is processed using charred animal bones. Dr. Barnard has a kick start program which is free and aimed at weight loss. Here is a website to start looking at things. http://www.pcrm.org/health/ Your computer and Google will be your best friend in your journey. Message me if you want more information.