Old 02-26-2014, 08:39 AM
YukonViv

Good morning everyone, I am finally catching up after my week long quilting expedition (or at least it feels like a week).

I had a class Wednesday evening at the local quilt shop which involved a quilt that I was able to use entirely out of my stash (YAY!). Then Thursday to Sunday we had a quilt retreat at the shop, 4 days of sewing, eating, and friendship till late into the night. Followed by Monday night the 2nd and final night of my quilt class (from the Wednesday before).

Last night I slept LOL.

But I wanted to share that during the quilt retreat I was able to finish from my UFOs a long outstanding quilt called Rolling Waves. When I checked the date on it, it was from a quilt class in September 2010. Considering I've only been quilting from 2009 that is one of my oldest UFOs. It involved many tiny, tiny 9 patches which fortunately I had already mastered my 1/4 inch seam by that time so I didn't have any issues picking it up again this weekend. That sucker took me 3 days to finish!!!

I'll try and get a picture when I can, but I was just excited that I got another UFO done, I'm really getting through them this year.