View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I make my own dog food so the cutting blade takes a lot of work out of chopping chicken.
Like IBQUILTIN, I use mine for pet food, twice a week. I have a Bosch Universal with pretty much all the attachments. I've acquired them over the years as I decided I wanted / needed them. I must have bought the FP attachment one day when I was doing some shopping therapy or something then forgot about it, because last year when we started making pet food, I "re-discovered" it in the cupboard and didn't have to go back to the bosch store.

Bosch is weird in that they seperated the functions of the FP and slicers, so I'm just going to lump all of the functions of both into the same comments. My old "Moulinex" FP was great but rattly and I don't miss it at all. It did all of the chopping, slicing and FP that both of my attachments do on the Bosch. It's still in the basement because I don't want to donate it until I find the manual for it.

I agree, a good second hand one would be better than a cheaper new one.

I used to use it to grate cheese, but we don't eat as much of it anymore. I think if I made a pizza though, I'd pull it out for that again. The blender attachment was great, because I didn't like having so many separate appliances around (and at 700W, the Bosch is more powerful than any of the other appliances in the kitchen anyway), but the FP and the slicer shredder attachments are probably the best (besides the mixer which I really only use for making whipped cream, butter or bread and pizza dough). You can use it to make all sorts of things - sauces, dips, you can slice, there's a disc that can do french fries, but I've never tried it. I have used it for stir fry veggies and for pizza toppings though.

Hmm. Now I want Pizza.