View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Trippgal

I have cat and dog dander allergies, and oddly enough have two dogs and had cats until my old lady passed last month. Used to get shots, take lots of allergy meds now. I don't get too upset when animals are in stores.

After retiring, I opened a retail store for about 7 years. Sold it off because the drive was an hour and half each way and I hated the drive. My dogs were store dogs and would not pester folks, but lordy they loved the kids. Might I have lost some customers because dogs were there? Possibly. But not enough of a drop in revenue for me to notice or be affected.

The shop beside me was a yarn shop and had a cat. He never slept in the yarns but was all over that place. That place is packed all the time and with very high ticket sales. Pets seem to be part of that community and folks don't think twice. It is also a community that has "we are scent free" on all the doors and kick people out who even have a whiff of fabric softener on their clothes. I think it is the culture of the community you live in if people just roll with it or decide to not visit that store.