Old 02-26-2014, 06:00 PM
tessagin
Power Poster

Ditto what she said. You need protein to keep your stamina up.
Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I'm surprised that the ortho would recommend a particular diet. My suggestion is that you see a nutritionist and have him/her walk you through your new diet and provide menus that are geared to you, your current health and your goals. Assuming you have health insurance, your insurance may cover the nutritional counseling.

If you can't afford to see a nutritionist, then keep a log of everything you eat - every morsel that passes your lips should be written down. Some people find that extremely helpful in realizing just how much they eat every day - and exactly what they are eating, too.

Meanwhile, try these changes to your existing diet.

a) drink water - eliminate soft drinks, diet or regular from your diet. Make sure you drink a full glass of water with every meal.

b) remove what I call 'white food' from your diet - bread, white potato of any kind, minimize cheese, no pizza, pasta once a week, no chips of any kind, no ice cream (a true hardship for me!) and so on

c) dessert once a week

d) Have raw veggies available and ready to snack on every day. Cucumber, zucchini, carrot, sugar snap peas, broccoli, tomato, salad greens. Use only a small amount of dressing as a dip for the veggies, and then only if you must.

e) Eat raw fruit, lots of it.

f) Learn what a serving size is. You will be utterly amazed to learn how small serving sizes are.

Good luck to you!