View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:02 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Since I have cats, I don't mind them behaving themselves in a store. Same with a dog, if it is behaving and not causing a disruption to me, I can handle it. Hair on fabric? Guess I better never be in any more swaps because as much as we may try, there is always some hair that gets on blocks.

What I do have a problem with is having a dog in the grocery store or in restaurants. It seems that some people think you should "like" their animals and not care they are touching the dog then the packages of food or fruits, etc.

If I see a pet in a store, it's my choice to go in or not (or leave if I discover them later)...however, it's not my choice to have a dog at the restaurant table next to me once I've started eating .
My other half works for Meijer, which is a large, family owned grocery store/box store chain with stores in 6 states. It is against their policy for customers to bring their dogs into the store. Just because they fit in your purse, doesn't mean it is okay. It is a health code violation. People get very rude when they are caught and told that they can't bring their NON-SERVICE dogs inside the store because of the health code. The customers will yell, curse and cause a huge scene. I love my little dogs and they go almost everywhere with me but I also have common sense and have no desire to put a merchant in a situation that could result in violations or fines. As for dogs in a resteraunt, I have no desire to have them at the table next to me. When we are on vacation, we call ahead to find out if a resteraunt us pet friendly and always ask for outdoor seating. Of course, I've always thought resteraunts should have a child free section too.