View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I have been to a quilt shop with a cat. They had a sign on the door to watch for him/her. I never did see the cat and asked about it and they told me he was around somewhere. There used to be a boutique in Vermont that had a resident cat and I would be thrilled whenever I saw him. The place was ALWAYS packed with shoppers and there were usually 3 or 4 people gathered around the ginger tabby cat giving him loves and pets. Sometimes you had to stand in line to wait your turn to love on him! So I doubt the shop cat had very little negative impact on their revenue, in fact I would hazard to guess the impact was more positive. I ended up purchasing a little something just because of the cat. I rather enjoy walking into places of business that have pets there, dogs cats, parrots, whatever. As long as they are friendly I find it a welcoming and charming experience. There is a window place in Albany that the owner's two shelties are greeters. It really made shopping there a pleasure for me. My old auto mechanic always had his GSD there with him and I always asked to see her every time I went. Most people who are allergic are allergic to dander. So if the owners are diligent about grooming many allergy sufferers won't even have a reaction. BTW the quilt shop in NY with the cat that I never saw, there was no hair on the fabric. I think it is charming. Now fragrances is another matter all together and I applaud shops that ask people wearing way too much to leave. Most fragrances cause me difficulty in breathing.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 02-27-2014 at 05:19 AM.