Thread: doll clothes
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:36 AM
vicki reno

The pieces are tiny that's for sure. I varied the pattern by using different lengths for the skirt and different sleeves. Also, after using both patterns (Simplicity and McCalls), Simplicity has by far the better instructions and labeling of pattern pieces is much better too. Don't give up. the 1st dress I made, I didn't realize there were 2 separate bodice pieces--with one serving as the facing. I used bias tape instead. The next one went better and so on. I made the dresses look different by embellishments and stuck to a pattern that I could do without a lot of aggravation. I can spend hours working on a quilt but have very little patience when sewing garments for me or a doll!
The only time I had a problem was with the directions for the romper. I was to sew both bodice pieces together and be able to turn the right side out at the shoulder. No Way! There wasn't enough space to do this. So I concentrated on the neckline to connect the 2 pieces and used bias tape at the armhole. That went much better and less hair got pulled out of my head in frustration! LOL