View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 12:46 PM
auntpiggylpn

I put all my whites, off whites, blacks, white on whites, cream on cream and black on blacks together. Then I put all my solids together using Roy G. Biv (the order of the color spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)
then my prints go on the shelves according to the color of the background or prominent color in the design, again using Roy G. Biv. All of my holiday fabrics are sorted by holiday but are all together in the same section of shelves. All my batiks are together as are my Asian prints. My child prints are together on another shelf. My striped fabrics are grouped together. All flannels and fleece are together also. The fabrics that I have slated for a project are grouped together on another shelf. I have all my fabrics wrapped around boards that I cut from sheets of acid free foam core boards. My fat quarters and pre cuts fill up wooden cubby shelves. I am fortunate that we just moved into a house that has a 16 x 34 room that already had a wall of shelving and I brought my 3 sets of shelving from our old house. I'm not even close to having this room put together; lots of boxes still unopened!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 02-27-2014 at 12:57 PM.