View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM
SlightlyOffQuilter

Default How To Baste A Quilt Using Spray Starch

Okay, call me crazy ( I take no offense to that anyway ! ) , but I made a very awesome mistake turned light bulb moment today ! While I was going through getting my quilt blocks sandwiched to do my QAYG quilt I am working on, I was happily spraying and pressing away till the phone rang and disrupted me. When I went back to finish , I started out where I left off, going about spraying and pressing again, until I looked at the can that was in my hand. It had suddenly dawned on me that I was spraying with the purple can (Easy On Spray Starch ), and not the red ( 505 Basting Spray ) ! Not ony that, but my can of 505 was still sitting on my wine rack ( they make awesome can holders btw ! )I had not been using it all day ! I thought to myself, CRAP ! Actually I said that out loud LOL. But Here I was thinking I was going to have to go back and redo ALL those blocks all over again ! But, amazingly enough ... I didn't ! Check out the video below to see my new favorite ( and budget friendly ) way to baste !

<video controls="" height="480" width="640">
<source src="http://slightlyoffquilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SOQ-Basics-Basting-A-Quilt-Qith-Spray-Starch.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>

Last edited by patricej; 02-28-2014 at 10:22 AM.