View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 08:39 AM
jetmaio

Default Just Keep Going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am posting these pictures to hopefully inspire others who are much too critical of themselves and quit too soon. I thoroughly enjoyed putting this quilt together for my brother, in what I considered a masculine theme. I didn't have a pattern but saw it on a wall in a local quilt shop.

It wasn't until I started to quilt it on my frame that I realized each and every block was slightly different as far as how I cut it to square. I have a robotic feature on my long arm Innova and wanted to use it. That's when I saw that my blocks were not as identical as I wanted them to be. Next, I picked a beautiful pattern but after an entire row decided it was much too dense. Oh well, sit and rip out thousands of stitches, No, I think not, just keep going.

The more I kept going the more unhappy I was but at this point decided it was "just get it over with". When I finally got to the bottom border it was so crooked I just wanted to cry BUT "just keep doing it". I took it off the frame and marked the final border and quilted it on my DSM. It was sooooo heavy to move around. I always take pictures of my quilts before I give them away or use them but didn't with this one.

UNTIL I PUT IT ON HIS BED! Unless you were the quilt police and inspected this up close and personal you would not notice all that I've complained about. I know the men on horseback will think it's wonderful.

Point to all this is Don't give up, be forgiving and just keep going. He loves it and now so do I, It was my lesson in humility. I still have so much to learn.
Attached Thumbnails frankies-quilt-14-006.jpg   frankies-quilt-14-004.jpg   frankies-quilt-14-007.jpg   frankies-quilt-14-003.jpg