Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Friday1961

Default Opinions on sashing, cornerstones, borders, please?

This is the quilt I began during Virtual Quilting Weekend, the one designed to use up the HSTs made from scraps of another project. I fixed my pinwheel problem (to my satisfaction, anyway) but had to add some 4 patch blocks because I'm didn't have enough tan to make more HSTs big enough for these pinwheels and can't find more of it (not sure what it is; I save all my receipts and think it's either Country Classics or Kona, purchased from Jo-Ann's last year, but they don't have it now and I can't find it elsewhere). I'm okay with the 4 patch blocks alternating with the pinwheels but I also meant to use the tan as cornerstones and now can't. So here's my 1st question: Failing the tan, I've pretty much decided on the mottled brown for the cornerstones. It's that or the print...or no cornerstones, and I really like cornerstones. Which works best? 2nd question: I had always intended to use this leafy off white as sashing between blocks, thinking it picks up the white vine in the print, but am now wondering if it's too stark a contrast, since it appears no where else in the quilt? 3rd question: How about this solid orange, to match the tiny orange leaf in the print, as my first, narrow (1 inch maybe) border, and then a wider border (4 inches) out of the print? The orange matches better than it shows here, I think.

The first photo shows the white leafy print on three sides of the block, the other white between the blocks is my white bed sheet underneath.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]464937[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]464938[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]464940[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]464941[/ATTACH]

Is all this clear as mud? Thanks for your opinions and suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails dsc02079.jpg   dsc02078.jpg   dsc02080.jpg   dsc02081.jpg   dsc02085.jpg  

Last edited by Friday1961; 02-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.