View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:30 PM
sunny42539

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
I am a new member to QB with a recent big passion for vintage machines. ♥ My birthday is right around the corner and hubby has agreed to let me scout around some and see what looks fun to me! We're headed out tomorrow to check out some things I've seen on Craigslist but oooohh so many wonderful machines and so little time to see them all!

One I have found that looks interesting is a White brand machine, although the machine itself is green. It's a Zig-zag Automatic. Does anyone have this machine? Good reviews? Bad? Things to look for?

Here is a picture of one on eBay showing the type of machine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Whit...-/171251259741
These old White mahines are workhorses. I have two similar to ths. I bet you could sew through 10 layers of fabric if you could get it under the foot. They are really sturdy and easy to sew on but mine only have straight stitch. The one I sew on has a knee press and I love that. It was made in my birth year 1949 and I only gave $25 for it. The other one I have is not in a cabinet but I'm looking for one. I don't know the age on it cause I can't find a serial #. If you get one you can call Husqvarna with the serial #and they can tell you how old it is. Husqvarna took over White.

Last edited by sunny42539; 03-01-2014 at 05:35 PM.