View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:59 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
There are so many rulers out there it is unbelievable.

There are also a few PP products. Thangles is the brand I have used. There are also a few more brands available.

It will also depend on if you are doing HST's from your scraps you might have to do one at a time.
Yes, lots of ways and lots of "tools." Years ago I bought this clear tape that has markings with one directly down the center. This center mark is placed on the bed of the machine with the center mark right under the needle,. I extended the tape as far as I could tape it, even down the front of the machine. I use this marking to guide the point (corner) of the square piece of fabric through until the complete block is stitched right down the middle diagonally. This is probably clear as mud, but it's what I use for HSTs. It doesn't work for larger blocks, but I work up to 5 or 6 inch blocks. I wasn't able to locate the roll of tape but if I ever find it in my lion's den, I'll post it. I would think one could mark that line even with a piece of tape. As long as the eye has something to focus on.