View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Bobbielinks

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I really LIKE you background quilting. I am always love crosshatching on the background of quilts and this give a little more movement. I like how your placement of the lines!! How did you do this?? I have a table runner that I want to do this technique on and wasn't sure how to go about doing it. GREAT JOB !!
I used masking tape ( about an inch wide) laid at an angle to give me a line to quilt along. Once the first line (serpentine stitch) is quilted I lay down a second piece of tape, SID over to the side of it and serpentine down the side, continuing in this way until I have completed 5 to 8, more or less, lines; SID to a new beginning or back stitch down the serpentine stitching until I reach a place to begin stitching in the opposite direction. I like to use the star blocks and the square blocks to run my SID stitching so I can hide the stitches; however, there are some places where I needed to back stitch on the SID stitches to get where I wanted to be. When this happens I use the one stitch button on my Gammill to make sure I stitch exactly on top of the previous stitch.