Thread: Heating Bills
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Snooze2978

As I mentioned I'm on a budget plan here in Iowa and I love it. I also keep my thermostat stat around 69 during the day on the 1st floor, 62 upstairs in the bedrooms all the time and in the basement around 70 all the time as that's where I park my carcass during the day. When the temps start to get cold I live in my long john tops and sweat pants with usually a thin flannel buttoned shirt I found at the Thrift Store. While watching TV with the kitties I have a lap quilt over my legs plus the kitties to keep me warm and I usually have to turn the thermostat down to 62 by then. Their body heat keeps me warm. I purchased goose down blankets for all the beds when I first moved up here as I'm from Florida and thought I'd get too cold at night. These blankets keep me toasty the entire night to the point of sweating so I've gotten my money's worth from them. Again I love my budget planning as I'm on a pension and have to make it last the full month. Even with this cold, cold winter we've had I'd never return to Florida with the bugs, humidity and hurricanes.