View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Dispatchgirl View Post
Thank you all so much for your advice. I'm going to have to look into this June Tailer cutter.

I have taken one basic sewing class and it was so great! The hard thing is a lot of quilting classes go on for a few weeks and I am a 911 dispatcher and my schedule is always rotating around the days of the week. So I sew when I can get a chance to myself. It's my stress relief lol.
Well, just keep asking here. A long time I heard a guy on the radio named Bruce Williams who used to talk about money. I remember someone asking about getting a degree/learning things. He mentioned/emphasized that you actually don't have to go to a class, or take a course to "learn something".

It made a big impression on me and I was just young then--You can pick up a book (this was quite a bit while before the internet) or learn by others, or of course, on the internet.

So, don't let your weird schedule frustrate you or discourage you and just keeping asking here and looking at those videos on the internet. It is about like having a private correspondence course what with all the You tube and craftsy classes. Almost anything can learned these days at your convenience---though I do think that music lessons and foreign language actually should be with a live teacher...