View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:16 PM
quiltingcandy

Well, I am in the most southern part of California - actually a few miles south of San Diego, 7 miles north of Mexico. Our average year round temperature is 70 degrees, very little rain, as San Diego is technically a desert. We have beautiful beaches, Balboa Park is next to downtown and fun to walk around and lots of museums. There is the Salk Institute and Scripps Aquarium, the World Famous San Diego Zoo (which is in Balboa Park), San Diego Safari Park is out in Escondido (about 20 minutes from down town). There is so much to see I can't name it all, if you run out of fabric or have the need to touch fabric - there is Eleanor Burns' Quilt in a Day store and Rosie's Cupboard quilt shop. (There are other shops but will save that for another time.)

Oh, I forgot the Hotel Del Coronado. It is really something to see and visit. And the beaches around it are beautiful. Walking the main drag in Coronado is fun.

We are roughly 2 hours south of Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm if you are into amusement parks - and from there is Los Angeles and all it has to offer. (I love the LA Art Museum with the La Brea Tar pit.) The drive up the coast frm San Diego to LA is fun. You have La Jolla, Del Mar, San Juan Capistrano, Mission Viejo, San Clemente. I haven't been to Venice Beach in many years but I know people that go up from time to time.

Okay - that's good for now - we have baseball starting in April....