Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
Lots of good thoughts! Thank you! I was thinking about how I have a lot of jeans set aside and could make a rag quilt - then I remembered that the reason I thought of making this quilt was so I could practice quilting on a smaller quilt! :roll: So I guess a rag quilt is out on this one.

Does anyone know - can you buy packs of I-Spy squares anywhere? Besides ebay, I've seen some there....
I have seen I Spy fabrics done up in packages, usually 10-inch squares instead of the normal 5-inch squares for charm packs. Ask your LQS if they would consider making up a package of these fabrics for you. Most LQS are very helpful and if you are interested in something like this, then so are others, which means they'll likely be thrilled to set up something like this for you.

Yes, I would say definitely post in the fabric swap section that you are looking for I Spy fabric and would be willing to pay or trade for them. I bet you get some great responses!

Another consideration might be to use wool batting. It quilts like a dream and isn't heavy. Well, isn't any heavier than most quilts.