View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:22 PM
shortfidler

I have a ellageo Esg. purchased about 1998 or 99 when I owned a Western Store and wanted to be able to monogram things. Had 1 class on how to use it and also 1 class on software (Designer's Gallery and Pallette ) No one told me I couldn't do it or that it was hard, so I just crashed into it and did it. The most difficult thing I have ever done was monograming a horse blkt which was fiber filled and thick. I got it done but said never again on a machine which like that. I also made baby bibs with western theme and emb. onsies with western designs. They sold very well because most of that kind of stuff is expensive and I could sell it for a reasonable price. After I closed the shop, my machine set up for over 10 yrs before I got interested again. When I took it to the dealer to have it serviced it cost a lot because they had to send it bk to Babylock and several parts had to be replaced. I now do towels for myself and friends, quilt blks and whatever strikes my fancy. So please, don't be afraid of your machine. Just go for it. I have learned a lot from emb.forums and sites such as Emblibrary: Quilting and Emb. are my favorite things to do outside of reading.