View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM
kjdavis4

I would head south as it will begin getting warm down here and the temps can be brutal. Come south while it's still enjoyable. Louisiana is my home state as well. New Orleans is a great place to visit. The World War II museum is outstanding. You will not find better food anywhere. There are some interesting places in Louisiana, St. Francisville is a small town outside of Baton Rouge where there are some cool antique shops. Natchitoches, LA is in central Louisiana and is celebrating its 300th birthday this year. It's a pretty little town with a river that goes down the middle. I'm a native Texan and can recommend Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Also, the Texas hill country, Fredricksburg area, is a fun place with vineyards and wineries. If you're into space travel touring NASA south of Houston is also fun. There's a town called Kemah down around Houston that has a fun boardwalk and some good restaurants. Austin is a music town and there are clubs and bars on 6th street that are fun if you enjoy that. Great Mexican food and BBQ in Austin. If you enjoy spending time at the beach you could head over to Gulf Shores, AL. Beautiful water and white sands. Hope this helps. We spend a lot of our time traveling. Enjoy it, but always like getting home to my kitties and my sewing room!