Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
carriem

We're still having cold weather here. Had more snow over the weekend (4-5") and got stuck in Des Moines for an extra night...went for kids archery tournament. DS (14) tied for 6th place in Middle School boys and qualified for Nationals...in Kentucky in May. Oldest DD (16) got her best score of the season; youngest DD (12) didn't shoot very well and was pretty sad about that.

I made chili and corn chowder today...taking them to my retreat this coming weekend for lunches. Of course my family had to sample each. I will stick a chicken in the crockpot in the morning. That will be added to the egg noodles I made last week for some chicken noodle soup. I am really looking forward to my retreat this time...it has been very hectic around here since December w/running MIL to appts here and there, in addition to my own appts and my children's appts/practices/etc...plus add in the long hard winter....

I don't even really care if I don't get a lot of sewing done as long as I can just relax! I have a book to take, will be getting one of the "suites" so if I want to go off by myself. We have a massage therapist coming too. I am just looking forward to this retreat more than past ones.

Lots of great projects being shown and MBs. Everyone is keeping busy as usual....sorry not very chatty, just not a lot of time to respond these days.