View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 06:28 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by brandeesmom View Post
Now don't laugh at me, but this is how I starch my fabrics from half yds to larger pieces to smaller pieces. First I put down an old bed sheet on the floor or outside on my back deck, then I make up a 50/50 starch solution, I use Sta Flo from a jug. I put my mixture into this wonderful hand sprayer, adjust the spray mist nozzle and just spray my fabrics. If it is a nice day outside, I will hang my pieces on the clothesline to dry up a bit because sometimes if I do a heavy starch it may be a little drippy. If the weather is not good outside then I take my starched pieces and toss them into the dryer on air only and dry them for a few minutes. This does not harm your dryer. You can find these great little sprayers in the garden area of your favorite store. Mine came from WM. [ATTACH=CONFIG]465417[/ATTACH]
I'm going to have to buy a sprayer like this. I use cheapy sprayers, and they seem to stop working too soon.
I use 50/50 Stay Flo and water, and don't wait long enough to iron it. But I try to spray from one side to the other, then start ironing at the side I started on. Gives it a little time to soak in. Works beautifully. No flakes. But I have to be sure to shake up the bottle each time. The starch sinks to the bottom and comes out first.