View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 AM
carol45

Default Need advice on mismatched seams

I made this pattern called Exploding Stars out of thousands of scraps using a technique where I arranged the squares on a grid of very thin fusible interfacing and then sewed all the vertical seams, cut through the interfacing, ironed the seams open, and then did the same with all the horizontal seams. I will never use this technique again, because it was too difficult to cut the seams and iron them open on such a large scale. I might do it in smaller blocks, and then put the blocks together by more conventional techniques. In any case, the result has some problems, as you can see from the close-up--the diagonal lines did not fit together well, I don't know exactly why, because all the stars are fine. In any case, I don't think it would be possible to open those seams and fix it. Do you have any suggestions for how I can deal with those diagonal lines? I thought maybe I could use a satin stitch in the quilting to cover up the problem. What do you think? I'd appreciate any other ideas as well.
Thanks!
Carol
Attached Thumbnails img_20140304_094811896-1024x419-.jpg   img_20140304_094840210-1024x576-.jpg