View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
KimberlyPNW

Default Newbie from Washington State

Good morning! I'm looking forward to connecting with other quilters from around the USA and abroad. I'll have to admit first that this is my 1st forum and I'm totally lost. LOL!

In addition to being a quilter I am also a wife, mother & grandmother! My hubby supports my creative side in every way and I have his Mom to thank for that. She trained him well. We're blessed with 2 kids both a son & a daughter. Our son is married to his high school sweetheart. They blessed us with our 1st grandbaby last year. My daughter is a brand new quilter and I'm so excited to share my passion with her! She's getting ready to start her 3rd quilt top and has already figured out to buy all the fabric at once. She was so disappointed to return to the quilt shop and the entire bolt from the line she selected was gone. So now we are on the hunt for more border fabric! LOL! Oh the joy of sharing all of this with her.

Back to quilting....I've been piecing for nearly 18 years and long-arming professionally for 8 years. I love traditional quilt blocks but occasionally make more modern ones too. Civil war fabrics are my current obsession.

Blessings!
Kimberly PNW