View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I think it was wrong for the dealer to charge you for a machine that didn't work; and I would not go back, plus a little bad publicity is not good business practice. Right now my Janome is in for a check-up and a check, as it decided to go wonky when I was trying to straight stitch, but she needs a check-up as it's been a while. I have never used this particular sewing machine place before, but have heard good things about them, so fingers crossed. I quit using the place where I bought my Janome because of poor service, took it somewhere else and until recently she has been chugging away for me, so she deserves a break. It has been over due to be serviced, although I had doing OK until recently. I do have a back-up older Brother machine that I got free at the local incinerator where people drop off things that are usually in good condition, and it has worked fine from day one, in fact I like the way it does zig-zag stitching better than my Janome. A friend gave me a Kenmore that is nearly identical to my Janome (also from the incinerator swap tables), but when I tried to use it - it only would do a couple stitches before it quit and made this horrible noise. I had a Kenmore that I literally wore out and the motor started smoking, so I decided I needed a new machine. I have been in withdrawal since I don't have my baby to work with, but I'll adapt until it comes back home.