Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 AM
citruscountyquilter

I expect to get what I paid for and if that means giving some fudge room because of an uneven cut etc then that's what I expect. Most quilt shops I've shopped at tend to be on the generous side when it comes to cutting. JoAnn's I have to watch like a hawk because they cut short or skewed. When I brought it to the attention of the person cutting that she was starting to measure from the short end and the fabric was crooked before I knew what she was doing she cut off the crooked end and tossed it aside and then proceeded to cut my fabric. I still lost out because when I went to straighten the fabric at home I lost that amount again. Just recently I was in JoAnn's and there was about 2 inches left on the end and she went to cut it off and I asked if she could just give that little amount and she said no that they have to account for every inch on the bolt and I could buy it if I wanted it. I had her cut it off. I am much more likely to buy more in a shop that I don't have to worry I'm being shorted on or they are making sure I don't get one more thread width than what I am paying for.