Old 03-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Color Planning Pointers:
For those of you starting Jane... if you want the "around the world" look with a color scheme starting with the center and 'color circles' around the center as the original Jane seems to follow, I would advise you do the following...

Either copy the chart on page 12 of your book, or print out a blank block chart from the software [or use graph paper and mark off 13 x 13 blocks] Start with a color in the center [seven rows down, seven blocks/columns across] and either draw a line connecting corners in a diamond pattern representing the four blocks around the center, eight blocks around those, etc. Some people make their blocks by starting with the center block [green or whatever you decide] then making the four block row [some of these are NOT easy and I think many beginners have been turned completely off by doing so!]
If you do keep a chart that indicates blocks in the same color scheme, you can refer to it when you follow a schedule and use the chart to decide which fabrics to use for each block.

Hope this helps! I did NOT do it and am not sure if I can get a "around the world" pattern to work with my blocks.

Gus