View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
Yvonne, thank you. I used light heat and bond, press it in place and applique by machine. It is just like the ones I appliqued onto your neighborhood quilt. It is a button hole stitch that is on my machine. I just go slow when stitching. I put the needle at the edge of what I am going to stitch. Since I am blind in my right eye, I do not have depth perception. So, I just stop at the points, with needle down, turn fabric and have needle go back into the applique. I also bought a foot with an open toe. The one I started with, just had a tiny opening. I thought I would go blind trying to see where to stitch. I almost went crazy. LOL. I am always afraid I will mess up. It is called a raw edge stitch. I tried needle turning applique and burned myself several times, so I quit doing that. When I piece something, I use 1/4" foot, due to no depth perception. It is hard to figure out where to stitch when something calls for a scant 1/4" seam,
Guess I'm just going to have to practice until I get it right. It's okay girls...I won't be practicing on yours!!! LOL T