Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Gus asked me to post some photos of my Baby Jane quilt. I named her Jane's Journey as some of the fabric was purchased in New Hampshire & journeyed with me when we moved to Wisconsin. She was worked on in Wisconsin & journeyed to New Mexico where the top was finished. She has journeyed again, & is now in San Antonio, Texas. I think she will stay here. She was hand pieced & is being hand quilted. I started her in 1997 & finished the top in November 2010. She is about half quilted, but the arthritis in my hands has gotten pretty bad. I'm saving up so I can ship her to the Amish & let them finish her.

The first 2 photos are of her being basted. Then there are a couple detail shots of the hand quilting. The last one is how I'm doing the scallops. She has been so much fun to work on.

Good luck as you begin your journey down your personal Dear Jane road. I'll check back in once in a while.
Attached Thumbnails basting-jj-1.jpg   basting-jj-2.jpg   quilting-1.jpg   quilting-2.jpg   scallop-detail.jpg