Old 03-06-2014, 01:45 AM
leatheflea

If it works for you, do it! I can't work on someone else's schedule. That's why I've never finished a BOM or quilt along quilt, or a mystery. Just not my style to sit and wait for the next step. I lose interest, mojo, and get just down right frustrated at the waiting. I sew everyday, about an hour at a time sitting. Any longer than that and my body starts telling me it's time to move or else. Currently I've 2 quilts on the design wall, one at the sewing machine, one on the cutting table, one on the frame and hand work in the living room. Your friends mother has a whole set of issues of her own...one being she's a control freak, and two she can't live in the moment. Now who's got issues you or her? Did you tell her how to live her life or make her quilts. I'd love to be able to stay on one project, when I first started quilting I did. Now that I'm older my body just can't take stay in one position for long periods of time. Heck I don't even sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time. Yep up and down all night, sleep a couple hours, up for a couple....every night.