Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Wow - lots of people coming back and at least 5 new janiacs on board!!
janie67, Everyone is welcome to join - pop in - post [in fact we would much rather you share than simply lurk....ahem although lurking is also acceptable Geri B]

sew4nin - you mentioned looking for prints similar to the original - first remember 'bright and cheery' is good!! check out Judie Rothermel's reproductions by Marcus at your LQS - many stores carried a pkg of 20-25 don't remember if they were 8 or 10" squares of one of her latest lines, all CW repros that would work and the pieces are large enough to finish a block in fact possibly a tri and a block depending on which ones. Other wonderful sites are quilts123.com and http://www.reproductionfabrics.com/l...hp?subcat=1033 - the advantage to the first one is that they have packs of smaller pieces [charms, layers] that will be big enough. The link of the second one will take you directly to a line of fabrics called "crossroads to Texas." This currently is a closeout fabric they are offering at $7/yd - the first fabric listed #TX111M is a collection of prints put together. I have used that particular piece of fabric in 5 DJ blocks!! You will have to fussy cut but 1/2-3/4yd will be enough please don't one person buy all of it SHARE I only bought 1/2 yard and have some left it that I will use in a couple of triangles and possibly in another CW quilt calling for 1" squares [eeek]. The disadvantage of the second site is that you must buy 1/2 yard of each fabric which is great for things you want to use more of elsewhere, but if you want each block to be different, you will spend a fortune and have major leftovers.