View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 AM
happylab

FYI: (1) If you download the Quilt Shoppe App, you can put in Kansas City, MO and find lots of quilt shops. This App gives mileage, descriptions. Directions and phone #'s, etc. I suggest you call the places before you drive there. Some of the shops have closed. (2) I live less than 5 miles from the KCI airport. My top favorite shops are
a. Quarter's Quarters in Leavenworth., Ks. About 25 miles away. Located in downtown Leavenworth KS, lots of shops to visit and places to eat. (30-45 minute drive)
b. Peddler's Wagon in Parkville, Mo. About 15 miles away, very nice area close to the MO river, and lots of small shopps to visit and places to eat.
c. Quarter's Station in Lee Summit, Mo. About 30-45 minutes away.
d. My all time favorite location "Overbrook Quilt Connection." In Overbrook, MO, About 1 hr away. Nice drive in the country after you get out of this city area.
There are lots more in the local region, but you asked for my favorites. Please take into account I lean towards Batik fabric. I don't care for modern fabric like Missouri Quilt type, but I have been there and enjoyed my visit. Small town with only attraction, the quilt store. When I went there, there was no place to eat in town. The restaurant had closed down. I'm not sure if the restaurant has reopen yet, I know it was in the works to re-open the restaurant. I hope you have a nice trip in KCI MO.