Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Default Sunshine Gardens .... there is hope that spring will come! :)

When I got my new machine last year, I wanted something simple to sew while "learning" my machine. I decided on a Disappearing Four Patch (D4P). For some time I had wanted to do something floral as I had never really worked with them, yet I was attracted to them when I saw florals here on the QB. So I thought this would be a perfect project while I was going thru that newbie stage with my machine!

The quilt top got made, but then it sat ... and sat. My machine and I have had many quality hours together since. The quilt top aged as I faced the old dilemma of what to do? I had no more yellow. Should a border be added with a different fabric? but what? how? I auditioned several but was never happy. Finally, it struck me that going borderless was the answer! All along, I knew the tulips would be the backing.

For those that have suffered thru a long cold snowy winter (like I!) ... perhaps there is hope that spring will come!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466062[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466063[/ATTACH]

Some random leaves for the FMQ ... I wish I could get some better pictures for you to see the FMQ. Perhaps if you zoom in, you can get a better look?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]466064[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466065[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466066[/ATTACH]

Thank you for looking!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails sunshinegardens-35-.jpg   sunshinegardens-16-.jpg   sunshinegardens-52-.jpg   sunshinegardens-3-.jpg   sunshinegardens-29-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-07-2014 at 06:09 AM.