Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM
madamekelly

Oh my, Home Ec, I haven't thought about that in years. We had two different teachers, one for sewing who hated the fact that I had learned so many 'bad' sewing habits, (She had a seven step process to put in a zipper) and unlike most of my classmates, I could actually wear my dress. She would be so shocked to learn I was still sewing after all these years.
The best memories were of Mrs. Moore. She was the cooking teacher and just the sweetest thing. We all loved her. She was probably in her early seventies, and had some kind of issue with her legs that made her shuffle her feet when she walked, which made her very slow moving. We all learned very quickly to set our timers for about four minutes early so she would have time to get to the stove to approve our taking things out(which we could not do, until she checked it), so they would not burn. It never occurred to us to complain or be mean to her because she was so sweet. She passed away at the end of the year that I had her, and the entire school mourned her loss as if she was everyone's favorite grandmother. Thank you for the lovely walk down memory lane. :-)