View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
mrs.sherbert

I am a Stay at Home mama of three crazy kids ages G-9, B-7, and B-5. My husband is in the Air Force and right now we are stationed in chilly Minot AFB, ND. Our baby EnglishMastiff, Tork, will be 1yrold soon and is officially 130lbs!!

I don't know why I started quilting. But... I do remember my grandma's and my mom and her sisters always sewing something... I guess it's just something I naturally love too! Right now I mostly alter military uniforms but in my spare time I have been working on quilts for a new business with my sister and cousin. The idea is that for every baby quilt we sell we also give one away to an orphanage. Our selected orphanage is in Korea! (My cousin was adopted from Korea.) We aren't fully open because we want to get a good inventory first. It's been fun to sew new patterns! The picture I'm posting is a baby quilt I made for a friend recently. I used "candy" mom gave my 9yrold.

I have a personal tradition of making a new bed quilt while my husband is deployed. I'll soon start a Hoopsister's Mystery Quilt with my mom, SheriR. (Our 4th year of doing their mystery, so another tradition!)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by mrs.sherbert; 03-07-2014 at 03:13 PM.