Old 03-07-2014, 10:14 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
I have several projects going at once.....like cutting out one project, putting together another project on the wallboard, piecing and sewing, sandwiching, sewing on binding, hand-quilting. I know that sounds like a lot, but I find I get bored easily working on one thing for long lengths of time (probably ADHA that was never diagnosed! LOL) I have a friend's mother who quilts and tells me that is not the way to do things. She says I should never start something until I have finished the first thing. So, with all that being said how many hours a day do you spend in one sitting just doing 1 thing?
Something tells me that she is probably also the type to tell you how to clean your house, your kitchen, how to discipline your kids/grandkids, etc.

I like variety too. Don't worry about what she says. Probably not one of Bonnie Hunter fans or BOM (block of the month) people follow her advice. BH fans always have at least 2 quilts going on as one is a leader/ender project and obviously BOM people have multiple projects.

Ignore this kind of advice if it doesn't work for you. It is only her opinion.