Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
katier825

Default Disappointed in my Zigzag and Satin Stitch

Does your machine do a nice zigzag and satin stitch? I always end up resorting to a blanket stitch when I applique because I hate the way those stitches on my machine look - I have a Viking Sapphire. I don't use decorative stitches that often, so I just lived with it. The tension seems ok, but it's mostly that the outer edges are so uneven. I'm so jealous when I see such pretty satin stitches in people's pics. I want them too! Now I think I will start researching other machines and see which ones have nicer looking stitches than what I am getting now.

I don't have much for dealers in a close proximity other than Viking to try them out. I don't have a problem purchasing online if I found something with lots of great reviews (I bought my Juki sight unseen that way). I don't have a price point in mind, but it would probably be a max of about $500 because I would only use it when I need other than straight stitch (LOVE my Juki TL2010 and also have a Featherweight, but that needs a new motor). I would even consider the Juki multi-stitch machine if I'm happy with the reviews.

I am just curious, - if you are happy with your zigzag and satin stitches, please share what kind of machine you have. Thanks