Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
.............I think it's totally unfair to judge hand quilting against machine quilting...............
Most shows that I have been to, do segregate hand-quilting from machine. Many are now segregating DSM from LA. And within each of those categories, there may be separate classes according to size, style, theme, etc. It really depends on the show, and the number of entries from the past. It's important to give feedback, instead of grumbling silently, as if they do not hear it, they may never think of it as an issue.

Likewise, some will segregate applique to its own class. Some it does not matter how much applique (one itty bitty piece). Some that there must be 30% applique minimum (for example).

Sometimes interpreting the rules/criteria is worse than making the quilts and entering them! Also, the definitions from one show to another may be totally different. Sad but unfortunately, true! This has been my frustration in entering into the shows ..... and to get a clear answer when I inquire in advance, my biggest frustration!