View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

the bargello "ashley's ocean" quilt which is my avatar was made for my 12 year old granddaughter, was very labor intensive and turned out FABULOUS! she takes that quilt everywhere...camping, car trips, her favorite security blanket...when it starts to wear out i will mend as needed until she 'out-grows' it and is ready for a new different quilt. i am thrilled that she loves it so much everyone she encounters gets to see it. would any of you be happier if it was just stuck in a hope chest to be looked at once or twice a year? what a major waste of my time that would have been.
the first quilt i gave my mom she refuse to use on her bed, even after i threatened to take it back...she started running in and putting it on her bed real quick when i would show up...broke my heart she didn't find it 'good enough' to be on the bed......of course she saw it differently, just like those dishes in the cupboard no one is allowed to use...seems like 'stuff' taking up space...breaks my heart, after i made her a second quilt the first one did finally get to be on the bed...now she has a different one to 'hide'