View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 AM
tlrnhi

What a great story!
It's wonderful when strangers just step in to help.

Yesterday I was a a discount store. This woman is standing in front of me at the register with some Christmas cards for her grandbabies. She was frantic because she was explaining how she couldn't believe how late she was in sending them out. The cashier rang her up and as the lady went into her wallet, she was horrified to find she only had a couple dollars. She asked the cashier if she would hold the cards until she ran home to get the money needed. I couldn't see this woman running home and then back for something that was just $7. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the extra money needed to pay for her card. I thought the cashier was going to bust into tears. I told the lady that I would pay for her purchase and she can just "pay it forward" later. By the time the lady left the store, 3 of us were in tears. Made my heart feel good. The cashier says....you don't see people doing that anymore. I agreed, you don't. The woman buying the cards had to be in her 80s and I just couldn't let her go and come back.