View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Marianne81

Default Hello from Harrisburg!

Hi! Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Marianne. I am very new to sewing in general, but can say that I have found a new obsession. I threaded my first machine a few weeks ago, and have since bought a singer 600e and a The Free No. 5 treadle. I fixed the treadle up right away and have hemmed a few jeans. I am currently working on my first, super simple, winging-it-because-I'm-impatient quilt. I work from home selling clothes on ebay and am hoping that I can start selling some vintage inspired pieces when I get good at it. I also am thinking that I may start selling some machines, since I have a serious problem with collecting things that I like and trying to cram them into my tiny house. It would give me a chance to try out all the vintage ones I can find and then find them another home. I hope to meet all of you on this board - I need more adult conversation! I bore my husband to tears with sewing talk and the 2 kids I have running around couldn't care less about my sewing adventures

Thanks for being here!