View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 AM
soman2

Default Singer 128 extension table

Hello,

Since my sister recently introduced me to quilting, and collecting vintage and antique sewing machines, it is logical to use the machines from time to time. I like my Spartans, but I decided to use my 1951 centennial 128 w/bentwood case. The 128 was made the year my wife was born and it has a neat little blue badge marking the 100 yr. anniversary. I saw a need for an extension table and headed out to the shop this weekend and with some 6/4 SYP boards (recycled) crafted the needed extension. I needed to wait for the stain to dry and I will topcoat the table with WB poly spar varnish to make sure that no stain gets transferred to my fabric while sewing. Overall I am pleased how it turned out. The project on the back wall is my second attempt at quilting. It's made from 90% recycled fabric thanks to my sister who is an avid quilter and is my technical advisor. I am now practicing making and sewing triangles using the scant seam allowance. All comments/criticism welcomed and appreciated. Hope you enjoy chow for now.
Attached Thumbnails img_6459.jpg   img_6466.jpg