View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 01:35 AM
beckyj

I started with binders, that took a lot of time and wasted space.Went thru them two years later, tossed out some and needed to add some more. Found hanging folders worked better for me. Labeled lines, squares and lines, triangles and lines. triangles, triangles and sq. squares, how to's,tools. tips and more. Folders were thick so breaking it down helps to find it quicker and helps delete duplicates. when thick also split into log cabin, rail fence ect. Each folder has a half size manilla envelope to corral those small ones that don't want to stay put. I have some patterns in different arrangements or colors for inspiration. I do have a file of ones I especially want to make soon. I do tear magazines apart and anywhere else is fair game. to much work to index them or store. I do draw a lot of blocks off the internet, keep colored pencils handy. I draw onto index cards from the dollar store,keep next to computer, can store these cards in small file boxes, put in labels when start. simple to file whenever I watch TV. that is what commercials are for if can't do it during shows. Regular size Files kept in file boxes with handles, easy to move or carry.