Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindynvb View Post
I just went to the old thread and saw this:
Printing with software – in order to avoid wasting so much paper when you print your patterns using software you need to “move” the pieces to one side before printing. Turn your paper around and print the next block at the other end of the paper. ..from NDQuilts…”If you are prining just the block outlines the yes you can fit two blocks on a page. I adjust the top margin as narrow as my printer will allow and print block 1, then rotate the paper to print block 2. If I remember you cannot print any text in the header.

I also would like to print 2 blocks to a page, but can't move my blocks in the software. Is it because my software is an old version? The option to move is not available in the print preview screen. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks,
cindy
cindy...do you have the post# in the old thread that gives this hint? ... nevermind... it is post #846 and here is a link to it http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post4868631

I just tried the tip as you described. i chose a block from the quilt and used the print icon at the top. from that drop down menu i chose print templates. i clicked size from quilt and then preview. at this point, i see the block name and diagram with the templates below. the Move button is not grayed out. click on Move and chose a template piece and move it around. I hope this helps.

in my case, i have plenty of paper to use. it's the printer ink that i try to conserve, so i don't print any of them in color. when you choose templates and get the print templates screen, you can unclick print key block. and if you are using the templates with freezer paper and ironing fabric around it with starch, i unclick print seam allowances, too.

if the templates are duplicated, i delete the extras, too, and only print one of each. the freezer paper can be reused.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-12-2014 at 04:52 AM.