View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
JustAbitCrazy

If you find you like doing pantos from the back, I would see if you can switch out the pointer for a laser light. I think you'd like following the pattern with a light much better. And many times the laser light can be improved on, if the red dot is large, by taping a piece of blue painter's tape over the lighted end, and puncturing it in the center with a fine pin. Then the red light will be smaller, improving your accuracy. If you can't switch out to a laser light, and your pointer is thick, you can switch that out for a smaller diameter pointer for better accuracy. I have known quilters to use a length of metal clothes hanger for that. Try not to stress, have fun, and enjoy! A couple of tips: it helps to keep your motions smooth if you look ahead to the next point, and concentrate on making your motion (from here to there) the half moon, S curve, straight line, etc. that's ahead of you. When you hit a point, don't linger too long or you'll have a build up of stitches at the point. But don't cut the point short---make sure you hit it or you'll have a stitch across the point, squaring it off. I like to think of a ping pong ball hitting a wall and bouncing off , and hit my points like that. Hope this helps. My apologies if you already know all this, as you do have experience with your machine.