View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Getting a tension back together is pretty simple - make sure the little pin is in the post and moving easily - a lot of times it can have a bit of gummy oil on it. If the little pin is gummy it won't push in and out right. Put things back in the right order per your diagram - pay attention to getting the bits in the right direction. Getting it adjusted at the end can take a bit of time but don't let the machine think you are in a hurry or are scared. I wish I could reach through my computer screen and do it for you. Most of the time I just pull the tension apart as I clean a machine and re-assemble. Most of the time is is pretty easy. It is also a good idea to pull the tension spring off the bobbin case, clean and re-assemble and adjust if you are doing a deep clean up on a machine. This manual should have a tension about like the 301 - look at the 201 with the numbered dial: http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/

Check to be sure the needle is set in the right direction. Have you made sure you threaded the needle in the right direction? Check your manual.