View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Dix

Ellie, what a great job you did on the socks. Blessings to you for that.
I would like to share a story. We have a dear friend and husband, she is going blind. In 1950's they were stationed in Gremany with the Boy Scouts of America European Theater. She started a patchwork quilt between having 4 babies in 5 years. Of course the quilt took a back seat for many years. She had showed it to me 10 years ago, before I started quilting. Two years ago, at Thanksgiving her husband asked if I would bring it home and find some one who would finish it. They live in a retirement area of Arkansas and he did not know or trust anyone to finish it for her. It only needed a border and quilted. He and dh sneaked it out to our car and I bought fabric for the border and pillow cases to match. My friend who does my long arm took the one she was working on and quilted it in a hurry. It was so pretty. We took it back to them in a big roaster box and on Christmas it was under the tree. All 5 of thier children were there when she opened it. I guess they were all in tears, because the kids all remembered the quilt top. I was so happy to do this for her and it is on thier bed every day.